Aaron Nagler of Cheesehead TV, who you can hear daily on iHeartMedia-Wisconsin stations, offers his instant takes on the Packers' 21-16 win over the Vikings on Sunday.
- Dean Lowry had a nice game.
- The Smith Brothers were excellent setting the edge on the outside stuff the Vikings like all game long. No surprise that Cook's big run and most of his big gains came between the tackles.
- This defense can actually play the quarterback boot and I'm almost crying at how beautiful it is.
- Gary not playing more than Fackrell is sub-optimal.
- Jaire. Buddy. Just knock the ball down.
- Lane Taylor did not [have a nice game]
- It's time for Elgton Jenkins to start.
- Last week we saw Graham try to block Mack. This week we got to see him try to block Hunter. My god. Enough.
- Loved using Williams and Jones together in the backfield on the opening drive. Wish they'd use it more.
- Aaron Rodgers looked lethal in the first quarter and mortal through much of the rest. That said, he had two absolutely incredible deep throws that went incomplete, one to Adams and one to MVS.
- Davante was on fire early. Will be interested to hear why LaFleur and Rodgers went away from him.
- What a mess on offense. Rodgers taking the playclock down to 0:01 every time and then holding the football forever. It's like McCarthy never left.
- What a rollercoaster of a game.
- 2-0 to start the season? I know it was hard to watch after the first quarter, but a win is a win is a win.
- Packers are in 1st place.
You can see his full list of gut reactions at Cheesehead TV by clicking here.
Photo: Getty Images