Different parents have different rules around Halloween. Like limiting how much candy kids can have, or letting them trick-or-treat on their own. But how strict were your parents in GENERAL when you were a kid?
About 50,000 people recently took a survey online.
Here are seven questions to help figure out how strict your parents were compared to everyone else's . . .
1. Did they ever ground you? Only 54% of people said they got grounded as a kid.
2. Did they limit your TV or Internet hours? 44% said yes.
3. Were you allowed to watch R-rated movies? 56% of us were.
4. Did you have to be in bed by a certain time when you were in elementary school? 81% of us did. And 30% also had a set bedtime in high school.
5. Were you allowed to swear in front of your parents? Only 19% said yes.
6. Did you have to make your bed every morning? 28% of us did.
7. If you just CLAIMED you were sick, would they let you stay home from school? 42% said yes. 58% said they had to be VERY sick to stay home.